November 12, 2010

Would you like to reconnect with your dead spouse?

The men above are both living and  having a fun time.
One with and the other without Facebook

My father and mother 82 years old worried about my fathers Facebook account. I got his password and deactivated it. After about six month he appeard in reconnect suggestions box. I couldn´t investigate at that time but he disappeared again so I did not worry. A few months later he was there once again with the question if I wanted to reconnect with him. Instead of his profile picture there was that Facebook dummy picture. So Facebook knew his account was deactivated.

I did a few searches and found an instruction how to avoid this “bug”. You have to reactivate the account and send a mail to a specific address. And so I did. Then I deactivated the account again.

What if he would have been dead?
What if my mother had seen him in the reconnect box?
What if she hadn´t had his password to the private mail and being unable to follow that instruction?

If someone dies and you do a special “death report” - it takes six months before an account finally is shut down. She would have seen a ghost for six month.

Would you like to reconnect to your dead husband?

You must have the right to disappear from the net. And it must be simple!

Pressrelease: European Commission sets out strategy to strengthen EU data protection rules>


It has to be fun, or else we cannot make it

No comments:

Post a Comment