October 29, 2010

I love the social web - especially when it brings people together



A little bit of happiness I want to share - I won the Croatian Summer Salsa video competition. An economical disaster probably -at least if you include last years travel expenses and one week of editing and rendering time. But it is worth every penny. With help of social networking at Facebook and Youtube - I am a winner even if I cannot go there and get my price.

While making movies you get so many friends. People want to chat while you record. You sometimes also have to ask about permission. Sometimes people want you to send pictures to their mail accounts.You get hundreds of business cards, mail addresses and Facebook friends.


While uploading the result at Facebook and Youtube you get twice or three times as many friends. You get to know the people in the clips, the artists and the teachers (and this is extra fun since I am a crappy dancer). At a competition like this one you also get to know the managers of the event. You become someone and just not anyone - at least if the result is good.

Despite the Croatian Summer Salsa festival was full of pain - I was ill whole week - this video makes me feel good. I remember every snapshot. That little girl in spotted dress, the street dancing scenes, the happy people, the flamenco lady, magic Nina in blond hair dancing at the poolside, the topless ladies in that small boat, the bachata ladies in the pool. Dancing, jumping and happy people everywhere.

Next year when I go there to enjoy the price I will have so many more contacts than last year, a VIP card, free classes and about half the travel expenses payed. And I will have much more fun than last year - at least if I can leave all viruses at home.

But most of all I will have more fun because I will meet many of my new social networking friends. At the beach, at salsa classes and at the parties. And at the most spectacular pool party of the northern hemisphere.

I love social networking - especially when it brings people together for real meetings!


WEEEPA!!!!



first published 19/10/2010

It has to be fun, or else we cannot make it

No comments:

Post a Comment